Thursday, July 26, 2012

[Review] SKINLITE Vital Nourishing Red Ginseng Mask



Again, I'm going to review something which I did not buy from Hong Kong. It is this SKINLITE Vital Nourishing Red Ginseng Mask

The product claims that it is specially formulated with high concentrations of Oriental Red Ginseng, Collagen and Vitamin E which help to revitalize and nourish tired skin. It penetrates deep into the skin, providing abundant nutrition and moisture.

My take:

The smell of ginseng is quite strong from the mask. However, because I'm rather a huge fan of scents or fragrances and herbs in general, I was pleased with the smell. The scent was strong but it wasn't sickeningly strong, so that was definitely a plus for me. However, if you do not like oriental herbs and their smell, you might want to stay clear away from this.

The material of the mask was less than thrilling. Even though the packet said that the mask is made out of 100% pulp, I did not like the fact that the sheet was thinner than most sheet masks.

There was a lot of essence or serum or whatever you call it in the package. If you use it straight from the packet, the essence will drip all over and it will be very messy. Before I used mine, I squeezed out some of the essence from the mask and then proceed to using it. There is a lot of excess essence which I managed to use like a skin serum. So it is a very economical mask.

The mask claims to add moisture into your skin, but my skin didn't feel any more moist than before I used the mask. I did feel more revitalized but I'm guessing that was due to the strong scent of the mask.

I like the brand because they have many ranges and types of masks, so there is something for everyone. However, I would not repurchase any of their products because from my experience with SKINLITE, even before writing reviews here, I have noticed that SKINLITE products hardly deliver their claims, save for a few products. To me, SKINLITE masks are just feel-good products which I use only because I feel like using but not because of their functions.

I bought this at a sale by Sasa at Great World City for S$1.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment