Monday, August 27, 2012

[Review] sasatinnie Pearl Facial Mask



Due to National Day, there is a special promotion at Sasa where selected masks are priced at $4.70 for 3. It's not a wonderful deal but it is a deal nonetheless.

So anyway, this is one of the mask which I got: sasatinnie Pearl Facial Mask I've recently been big on whitening products so I got this. From many sources and variety shows, it has been endorsed that pearl powder is a great whitening item, and since this is called Pearl Facial Mask, I decided to try this out.

An introduction to the mask:

Pearl facial mask contains Superfine Natural Pearl Extract, which is effective for skin regeneration and rejuvenation. It helps to reduce the appearance of pigmentation, dark spots and blemish. Glycerin and Hamamelis Virginiana Extract can improve your skin moisture balance and conditioning your skin at once. It contains Gentiana Lutea Root Extract which is a good whitening boosting agent and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract has a strong anti-oxidizing effect on helping against skin aging.

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pearl Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Sorbitol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Allantoin, Hamamelis Virginana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Cl 19140 (FD&C Yellow #5), Disodium EDTA

My take:

The scent of the mask is sickeningly sweet. I know I mentioned that I love that my masks be scented but this scent is too over the top. If the scent is less strong, I would really love it. But sadly, it isn't.

The ingredients are a bit put-off. Usually, the ingredients are listed according to their quantities in the essence, from highest to lowest. I didn't like that there was more fragrance than the key ingredients used for whitening purposes, because that is hardly promising in delivering. Usually, I am not put off by the fact that there is alcohol in the mask so I didn't mind that there was alcohol.

However, this mask actually does deliver, at least slightly. My skin was slightly brightened and whitened, though I honestly don't know how long the effect will last. I am not optimistic in terming this a long-term treatment because come on, the mask is only a few dollars and that has a very low chance of creating a long-term whitening effect, such as those by Shiseido, SKII and L'oreal.

I really can't stand the scent even if I love fragrances in my products. I will not repurchase this again because I am absolutely put off by the strong scent :(

No comments:

Post a Comment