Friday, September 27, 2013

[Review] LUSH Jungle Solid Conditioner


Recently, I have discovered an amazing brand called Lush! Every beauty gurus will know what the brand is about. Basically, they are a store of handmade cosmetic products with shampoos, soaps, to perfumes and massage bars. In addition, the ingredients in the products are either all natural, or there are only, at most five, synthetic chemical ones. Unless your skin has an allergic reaction towards a particular ingredient, the products are gentle enough to use and will not make your skin break out or clog your pores. There are little negative things people can ever say about Lush.

One of the things I got when I visited Lush was this little baby called Jungle.


Jungle is a solid conditioner that mainly contains cocoa butter, organic avocado extract and bananas. 'Jungle' is a highly appropriate name and I can imagine why it was being called that. It smells really fresh and sweet without being too overpowering. Plus, the patterns of a palm leaf and what seems like an iguana were really cute. It helps to soften and moisturize the hair, just like an actual conditioner. The concept of a SOLID conditioner was really fresh and it was pretty intriguing to know that a conditioner comes in a bar which you can actually hold it in your hands.

The girl at the store told me that it can last around 50 washes. You're supposed to rub the solid conditioner through your hair, and then rinse it out.

The conditioner smells AMAZING. It smells so natural, like avocados and bananas. You shouldn't hold it in your hand for so long because your hands will feel a little oily due to the essential oils and the cocoa butter.

The conditioner really works and my hair was really smooth and manageable after it got dried. In addition, the smell was just so yummy and so amazing I can't even.

However, I didn't really like the process of using it because it was a little troublesome. The girl at the shop told me to rub the conditioner between my hands to warm up the solid, so that the essential oils and butter will melt slightly in my hands, and then smooth my hair with my hands. I tried that but I felt that it wasn't enough for my hair, because my hair is pretty long. As a result, I had to repeat the process so many times in order to feel that my hair has been properly conditioned.

The second time I used it, I cut a small chunk of the conditioner so that I can rub the small bit in my hand more easily. It was much better than the first time but it was still quite difficult to get the conditioner totally melted in a creamy texture, like, there were still really small chunks which wouldn't work itself into the hair just like that. And if I kept on using it this way, I'm very sure that the product won't last me even 40 washes.

After I used the conditioner while in the shower, I couldn't run my fingers through my hair, so I wasn't sure whether the conditioner was working or not, or whether I was using enough of the product or not. But after my hair dried, it was really smooth and smells really wonderful.

The solid conditioner comes in a paper bag, like many of the unpackaged Lush products. It is not a good idea to store the solid conditioner in the paper bag because the paper can absorb the oils and butter from the product.


Therefore, I put my solid conditioner in a small black pot.


Pros: The smell and my hair felt amazing after it dried.

Cons: Troublesome and my hair felt quite rough in the process of using it.

Price: SGD $11

Would I repurchase?
No. Even though I love the smell and the end results, I didn't enjoy using it. Being enjoyable to use is important to me because when I use a product, I want it to be easy to apply/use and basically, be glad and excited to use it. Jungle is just too troublesome in my opinion and I have better experiences with other conditioners that are more reasonably priced and smells as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment