Sunday, October 13, 2013

[Review] LUSH Grease Lightning



I was really happy to get this spot treatment from Lush because apparently, it was really popular among many beauty gurus on Youtube. It's supposed to clear up spots and blemishes and I was excited to try this out because my face has been breaking and I didn't know (and still don't know) why :(

Like all Lush products, the information of Grease Lightning can be found online. In a nutshell, the main ingredients are:
  • §   Aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturise.
  • §   Seawater for its antiseptic properties.  
  • §   Grape juice to cool and calm the skin. 
  • §   Thyme, rosemary and tea tree herb infusions to be gently antibacterial.
  • §   Witch hazel, an astringent that is great for bruising and helps broken blood vessels shrink and contract.
  • §  Tea Tree oil, a powerful antiseptic.

The product is of a gel-like consistency, in fact, it is actually more fluid. It goes on smoothly and will form a thin film layer on the spot, which helps to prevent contact with external bacteria.

However, because of the thin film layer, it is important that you don't spam a whole blob of it onto the skin, because once it dries up, it may look like your skin is peeling. Luckily for me, I found out about this at home. Imagine the horror if you are out and people wondering what is going with your skin having a peeling-fest.

The sensation upon application was wonderful. Because it is such a fluid gel, it was cooling when the gel touches the skin. It also smells very pleasant and not heavy at all. As expected from Lush :) The product also did not dry out my skin at all because like all Lush products, there are minimum synthetic/chemical ingredients.

I've actually been using this product regularly in place of other chemical spot treatments such as the famous Oxy10. And I'm not that overwhelmed by the results. Even after 5 consecutive days of using the product, my spots only gotten smaller but not completely cleared up. Comparing to the past when I was using Oxy10, Oxy10 cleared my pimples and spots much faster, which is around 2 to 3 days.

I have been using this product for almost a month now, all for the sake of finishing it. Even though it wasn't effective for my spots and blemishes, I was comforted by the fact that the thin film layer provides some protection for my skin. But of course, I've been using it in conjunction with my trusty Oxy10 to kill acne bacteria and other whitening serums to lighten my blemishes.

Pros: Provide a thin film layer of protection if applied in small amounts. Has a pleasant scent.

Cons: Did not work to clear my spots and blemishes.

Price: SGD$22.50 for 45g. This small bottle lasted pretty long! I've been using it for a month and I've still got half a bottle left.


Will I repurchase again?
No. For me, it didn't work to clear my spots and blemishes at all, so there is no point repurchasing a product that did not work for me.

P.S. As you can see, there are several other Lush products in the background, so stay tuned for more Lush product reviews hehe :D

No comments:

Post a Comment